Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Senior Year Apartment - Same Apartment, New Roommates


Each year since coming to college, I have blogged pictures of where I am living.  The first two years I lived in the dorms, and then last year I moved to an apartment.  This year I am living in the same apartment that I was in last year, but with different roommates.  I am so glad I didn't have to move - moving each year is hard.

^^My fall decor.^^
I love the location of our apartment.  It is really close to many places - grocery stores, Church, downtown Ames, places to eat, it is a quick drive to the commuter lot to get on the bus to go to campus (and there are bus routes that go right by our apartment), and my work is only about a 10 minute drive away.


Last year I lived with two girls - Molly and Becky - who were a bit older than me, but got to know through CRU and lived by in the dorms my sophomore year.  We also had a random roommate.  Molly and Becky ended up just moving down stairs to another apartment in the building!  (The random roommate moved away - we never got to know her.)

I stayed put and three new girls moved in - Stephanie, Lydia, and Kristen.  I know Stephanie and Lydia through CRU, but I also lived by Stephanie in the dorms my sophomore year.  Kristen would come to CRU occasionally, so we meet there too - but, she has graduated and is working now.

The apartment isn't too much different from last year, but there are some changes.  With different roommates, different furniture was brought in.  Stephanie and Lydia were able to gather some furniture from relatives - it is kind of crazy how everything in the living room happened to all look pretty good together.  Usually I think of college students having really random pieces of furniture that just don't match.  I really like how it has turned out - it is pretty cozy!

Below are some pictures from around our apartment.  It is nothing perfect, but it's home.












Below is a picture of my room - it is not a great picture.  But, I love how my room has turned out!  The quilt is one that I have made.  I've got an English Ivy plant growing - after going to Norway, I want to try to get lots of plants in my home.  There are Christmas lights that I like to plug in.  A comfy chair to sit in.  I think my room has turned out pretty cozy!



No comments :

Post a Comment