Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I love Christmas time!  I love:
                                                 the music
                                                 the present wrapping
                                                 the giving of presents
                                                 the baking
                                                 the decorating
                                                 ... and much more.
But, we need to remember the true meaning of Christmas - Jesus coming to Earth to eventually die on the cross and forgive us for our sins.


I have been doing A LOT of baking.  The pictures right above and right below is all the baking I did for just one bake sale (to earn point for my choir trip).  I went a little over board.



We made these ornaments for the Sunday School kids (2 &3 year olds) to give to their parents for Christmas.  The kids' work was to have to have their picture taken.  Then the ones that were there the day we painted the frame part, painted it.  My Mom and I painted the others.  Some of the kids picked out what background they wanted.  And, they colored a white paper bag to put the ornament in and picked a ribbon to tie it with.  I did all the assembling.


















 Our Christmas tree(s).  The one on the left is our actually Christmas tree... but it is fake.  We used to always get a real tree, but a few years ago we switched to a fake one.  I like REAL ones.  When I have my own house I am going to go cut down my own tree.  Well, since our tree is fake, I go this cute, little, real tree.  I was at Menards with my Mom one day and I saw this tree.  I just had to get it!  It is outside on our porch.  We put some soil in a pot, put the tree on the pot, added some water, and let the tree freeze into the pot. 


 I put together a little goodie bag for my Sunday School kids.


I little Christmas treat for my friends.


 More baking!


 I have been making it a tradition to make and give my relatives fudge.



Last Sunday night we had a girls and boys cross country Christmas party.  We forgot to get a picture.

Merry Christmas!

No comments :

Post a Comment