Saturday, September 27, 2014

Happy {Belated} Birthday Dad

 This last week, September 24, was my dad's birthday.  Also, this weekend I went home to visit.  So, my family waited to celebrate my dad's birthday until this weekend when I was home.


 I was needing a break from being on campus... I couldn't wait to get home!  I felt like I needed to get a bunch of things (fall wear and some random stuff to have around the dorm), and I was having a huge desire to bake and cook.


I got home Friday night and made my dad a German Chocolate birthday cake.  That is what he always likes to have for his birthday.


We celebrated my dad's birthday on Saturday.  We had a more special supper, cake, and Dad opened his gifts.
For supper we had salmon, potatoes, peas, and seasoned toast.  My mom also made steak for those who would rather have steak instead of salmon.  Mom made this salmon recipe and it was delicious!
John was playing around with the camera and snapped this picture... it actually is kind of cool!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

No comments :

Post a Comment