Saturday, August 30, 2014

Celebrating Summer Birthdays

 This weekend I came home from college for the 3 day weekend and also for the birthday celebration with relatives.  Each year, at this time of year, we have relatives down to our house to celebrate the summer birthdays.

 



I got this skirt the other day at Target in the exercise clothing.  I love it!


It was a gorgeous day!



 We had pulled pork and buns, for if you wanted to make it into a sandwich.  We had homemade BBQ sauce, coleslaw, pickles, and onions to top the pork with.  Along with the pulled pork, we had calico beans,  grilled corn-on-the-cob from our garden, broccoli cauliflower salad, chips, fruit, and veggies.


Tilli got a hermit crab!





I started making the desserts right away when I got home on Friday.  For the desserts, I made vanilla cupcakes and an ice cream cake.  I made this ice cream cake.  It was chocolate ice cream, fudge sauce, peanut butter cups (I used Trader Joe's), vanilla ice cream, and a peanut butter sauce.  It was delicious!!!



We celebrated Jakob's 13th, Sarah's 11th, and Tilli's 8th birthday.
 

My mom's cousin, Ann, also made two pies. 



 We sent our guests home with an oatmeal chocolate chip bar for a little treat.


It was a great time together. 

No comments :

Post a Comment