Thursday, January 8, 2015

Home for a Birthday


Us Iowa Staters get a nice long Christmas break... 3 weeks.  So, that means I was able to be home to help celebrate my little brother John's birthday.  Today, January 8th, John turned 14!  I can't believe he is 14!!!
 
 

I got up really early this morning and did a little decorating (I couldn't sleep).
The day ended up being a snow day from school.  So, it was spent relaxing and spending extra time in the pajamas:)
We celebrated with having a crab (one of John's favorite foods that he doesn't get to have too often), Pioneer Women rosemary potatoes, and a salad for supper.
 

John got to search for 14 one dollar bills in the dollar scavenger hunt.
 

Present opening.  
 

John has been waiting for a new book in a favorite series to come out.
 



And, John loves root beer!
 

I made an angel food cake.  I thought it turned out wonderful.
 





Happy 14th Birthday John!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment