Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas 2014



Well, I hope every one had a wonderful Christmas.  I thought ours was pretty nice.  We did just our usual - Christmas Eve at our house with just our family and then Christmas Day at my grandparents' with relatives.



Since coming home from college, I done some baking.  My sister wanted to make some gingerbread cookies for santa, so that is what we did on Christmas Eve during the day.  That day always seems to go by real slow, so making cookies is a good way to pass time.



For Christmas Eve, we just stay home.  My mom makes a nice dinner of ham, comle, and some sides.  Then after dinner is cleaned up we open presents from each other.






This year we had ham and comle (a Norwegian potato dumpling), a cranberry sauce, a baked cream corn (I tried a new recipe this year and I started to bake it with the cover on until my mom caught it.  I think it turned out kind of runny because of that... oops.), and lefsa.



On Christmas morning, we got up and opened our presents from santa.  Then after we were all ready for the day, we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa's.  We had a nice late lunch, gift exchanges, and time spent with relatives.



My grandma had purchased a photo shoot package from a photography studio.  So, on the morning of the 26th, with my entire family, my grandparents, and aunt, uncle, & cousins we got our pictures taken.  I thought it was a fun little photo shoot.

That evening we all went over to my mom's cousin's new house for dinner and games.  It was a nice evening spending more time with relatives.


I hope every one had a Merry Christmas and has a Happy New Year!

No comments :

Post a Comment