Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Freshman Dorm Room

Welcome to my dorm!


As you probably know, I was living in the den of the residential hall at the beginning of the year.  I had to be out of the den by the end of first semester.  Down the hall though, there was a room that used to be contracted for 3 people, but it was contracted for only 2 people this year.  There was everything in the room for 3 people - a bed, desk, wardrobe.  The hall director got the department of residence to change the contract so that this room would be contracted for 3 people, which took quite awhile.  During Thanksgiving break, I got a email saying that the room was ready for me to move into.  So, I moved into my real dorm room right after Thanksgiving break!  And, I am finally just blogging about it now.


I have 2 roommates, Megan and Sofie.  They hadn't done much to make the room all homey or decorated much, so I got to be part of that!


We didn't really pick a color theme, but it just kind of happened that all the colors go together.

I got the rug from Ikea!



There are 2 closets in the room and a wardrobe.  Megan and Sofie had the closets full, so I was left with the wardrobe.  The closets look really nice, but actually the wardrobe is real nice too.  This way I have built in drawers (instead of having to purchase a set of plastic drawers).  We have 1 dresser in the room and we each have 2 drawers in that.






I am in one of the older residential halls on campus.  I love the old wood floors and windows!









No comments :

Post a Comment