Sunday, November 9, 2014

Honey Wheat Bread

  
I have been finding myself with a bit of free time... so, I look at recipes.  And, then I want to make everything... but, I can't.
This last weekend I went home from college.  It was a short visit, but it was so nice.  I have been home four times now since coming to college.  This last time was the longest I have been ever been  away from home - one month. 
I got home Friday afternoon and made supper.  Then, right away Saturday morning I started baking.  And, I baked so much that I didn't even get out of my pajamas until it was time to go to bed!


The is one of my two favorite honey wheat sandwich bread recipes.  I blogged my other favorite here.  There isn't much difference in the recipes besides that this one has canola oil and the other one has butter.  Also, I make them differently.  This one I make in an electric stand mixer with a hook attachment and the other one I make in a large mixing bowl with my hands/spoon/electric hand mixer.


This bread is super easy to make and having soft, fresh bread is so delicious!


Adjusting to college is getting better.  At first, college was overwhelming, but now it feels a lot better.  My dorm is starting to feel like home.  I am still counting down until Thanksgiving break though... only two more weeks left!  I have been really in the mood for Thanksgiving and even CHRISTMAS!  I think it is the being at home, baking, decorations, and just coziness that I am looking forward to.

Honey Wheat Bread
Adapted from:  lifeingrace

2 cups warm water
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup honey
1 T. yeast
1 t. salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
about 5 cups all-purpose flour (add until the dough pulls away from the sides and is no longer sticky)

Pour 2 cups warm water into mixing bowl (of electric stand mixer with hook attachment).
Add oil then honey.
Start mixer on low.
Then add yeast, salt, and 2 cups whole wheat flour.
After mixed, start to add white flour, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is no longer sticky to the touch.
Knead 5 - 10 minutes.
Put dough in an oiled bowl to rise.
After doubled, divide it into 2 loaves and shape.  I sometimes make just one big loaf using 3/4 of the dough.
Put into loaf pans and let rise.
Bake at 375 degrees from 25 - 30 minutes.


Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment