Monday, December 1, 2014

White Mice


I said I was going to have a few Christmas cookie recipes, so here is the first one.  White mice.  I blogged these last year, but with not very good pictures.  This is my grandma's recipe and they are so good!  And, I think they get better with age.


I am back in school now.  It actually feels kind of nice to be back.  Over Thanksgiving break, I got an email from the hall director.  The room that I was planning on moving into, which had a two person contract, but had all the furniture for three people, was finally switched to a three person contract.  Since the beginning of the semester, I have been waiting for the Department of Residence to make this room a three person contract so that I could in (I had to be out of the den by the end of the semester).
It finally happened.  The hall director recommended that I move in as soon as possible.  So, on Sunday when my mom dropped me back off at college, I started to  move all my things into my new room.  Right now, I am all moved in, but I have still need to finalize it with the paperwork.
It is nice to have a real room now, but I am going to miss the girls from the den.  I am definitely going to visit them a lot!


Whenever I go home, I always come back to college with a lot of goodies and I have also baked a couple times at college.  My roommates from the den told me that I could share anything besides with them.  But, I like sharing.
Well, yesterday, after I moved into my new room, two of them came to tell me that now it is ok to share.  They still want me to share goodies with them.  And, of course I will.


Ok.  Well, back to the cookies.  These cookies are super easy to make and they are delicious.  And, totally worth sharing them.


White Mice
Makes 24 cookies

1 cup butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar + extra for rolling
2 cups flour
1 t. water
1 t. vanilla
1 cup pecans, chopped

Mix ingredients together.
Form into balls, maybe a little smaller then a walnut.
Bake at 300 degrees for about 30 min.
When cooled, shake/roll in powdered sugar.

No comments :

Post a Comment