Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Summer Birthday Celebration

Each year, around labor day, my family has relatives over to our house to celebrate any August and September birthdays.  Really this is just a good excuse to get together.  We have a late Sunday lunch, cake, presents, and a good time together.



On the menu was:
pulled pork with BBQ sauce on the side
calico beans
 broccoli cauliflower salad
chips
fruit
veggies





Just a week before, we got a puppy!  My sister had fun showing it to all the relatives.  The puppy, Zoey, got lots of attention.


We took some fun pictures...







The kids wanted to do a scavenger hunt - really they just wanted money to be hidden to find (I guess, a late summer Easter egg hunt).  So, I put the scavenger hunt on, with a little money hidden with some of the clues.  The first few they got right away, but they got harder as they went.



I made an Italian Cream Cake and chocolate cupcakes.  My aunt also made a gluten free almond cake.  I decorated the Italian Cream Cake by putting some freshly cut flowers on top - I simply put a little extra frosting on top of the cake and piled on some flowers (I cut the stem real short).




Tilli is turning 9, Sarah turned 12...


and Jakob turned 14.







Grandma getting some puppy love.




No comments :

Post a Comment