Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dad's Sunday Brunch Pancakes

        Sometimes on Sundays, after church, my dad will make us brunch.  He likes to make his pancakes and omelets.  He makes the pancakes and stacks them on a plate in the oven to keep them warm while he makes us all our omelets.  This last Sunday, when my dad was making us pancakes and omelets, I was able to get his pancake recipe.  I wasn't sure if he would actually, firmly, tell me what it was, (or just sort of mumble it to me and leave me uncertain and wondering), but he did.




(The omelets this last Sunday were a little darker than usual, but they still tasted great.  They usually aren't this dark.)

Dad's Sunday Brunch Pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup corn meal
2 T.  baking powder
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup oil (Dad uses olive oil)

Mix dry ingredients in on bowl.  Mix wet ingredients in another.  Then mix them together.  Cook on a hot griddle.








No comments :

Post a Comment