Monday, July 29, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - July 29, 2013


I just absolutely LOVE the garden!!  It is so beautiful!  I don't know why I find this so... but I do.  It is so exciting having fresh veggies from the garden, and having them successfully turn out.  It is like having a loaf of bread rise well and turn out... if you've ever made bread, you would know what I mean.  The flowers in our garden are blooming, so I just had to take a picture of the beautiful sight.

Today I picked some rhubarb.  I also picked the usual:  green beans, peas, pea pods, radishes.

I cut the tops and bottoms off.  Then washed it.

I cut the rhubarb pretty small.  That way its not a huge chunk in a bite of whatever you do with it.

I used some to make a Rhubarb Delight.  Then, I froze the rest.

I really made if for my assistant coach.  It is his birthday tomorrow.  He loves food and loves rhubarb.  And I love baking and love baking for other people.  I absolutely love it when I can make a dessert, or anything, have some for myself and whoever else wants any in my house, and then give the rest away.  Since I love baking, and love trying new recipes, I can try some, give the rest away, so there isn't a bunch sitting around our house, and then make something new.
I gave him the rest that wasn't eaten.  But, as I was trying to put it a container for him, it got a little messed.  Oh well, I don't think he will mind. 

My mom, dad, and I all had some, and it was really good with ice cream.

No comments :

Post a Comment