Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pam Anderson's Multigrain Medallions

Every-now-and-then I like to get a Runner's World Magazine.  I love running, so they are just kind of fun to look through!  One of them had this recipe for pancakes in them, so I decided to give them a try.  They are yummy!  You feel kind of healthy when you have them, since they are multigrain and from a running magazine.




They are excellent with real maple syrup!  I guess you could call it 100% pure maple syrup, but I call it real (I call the "pancake" syrup "fake"... because it fake).  I wouldn't eat the fake stuff... well... because it's fake.  And of course, have some delicious fruit with them too!

Pam Anderson's Multigrain Medallions

1 cup white flour
1/3 cup each:  cornmeal, whole-wheat flour, and old-fashion rolled oats
4 t.  sugar
1 t.  salt
1 t.  baking powder
1/2 t.  baking soda
1 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 large eggs
2 T.  vegetable oil
1 t.  vanilla
1/2 cup low-fat milk (or water)

Mix dry ingredients.  Mix wet ingredients.  Mix together.
Pour 1/4 cup batter on griddle... cook.

Serving Size:  2 pancakes, 296 calories, 26g carbs, 2g fiber, 8g protein, 6g fat
(A person needs more than 2 little pancakes!)

No comments :

Post a Comment