Friday, October 18, 2013

Chicken Spinach Garlic Pizza

I am not a big pizza fan.  Well, at least not of the typical, modern-day stuff.  If I am going to eat pizza, I want it to be homemade, or from a really good pizza place, that doesn't make the really greasy stuff.


We have always been into making homemade pizza (not that we don't get frozen pizza too).  But, I hadn't ever done anything, not to typical.  I wasn't a fan of the typical pizzas:  sausage, pepperoni, plain cheese.  So, I wanted to try to make something else.  I came up with this Chicken Spinach Garlic Pizza.  This pizza is SO good.  I have tried it at a couple different pizza restaurants.  But, they haven't been as good as when I make it at home.  There is never enough spinach, or chicken, or flavor.  The best place that I have found this pizza at, so far, is Fat Lorenzo's.

Chicken Spinach Garlic Pizza

Homemade Pizza Dough
Pizza Sauce
Minced Garlic
Fresh Spinach
Chicken
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, or other pizza cheese



 On a floured surface, roll out the dough into either a circle, rectangle, or other fun shape.  We usually make our own little personal pizzas, so they don't always end up being a specific shape.  But, I am making this pizza for a few of us, so it will be a bigger pizza.






Grease a pizza pan, or line a cookie/bar sheet with parchment paper.  Place the rolled out dough on top.

 Mix 2-3 spoonfuls of garlic in with your pizza sauce.  Smear the sauce over the dough.  Put on however much you like.









I like a lot of spinach... not just a piece here and there.  Cover the pizza with a layer of spinach.  I found that putting the spinach on the bottom helps keep it moist.  If you put it more on top, it may get kind of dried out.





I also like a lot of chicken.  I like to cut up a grilled chicken breast to put on the pizza.  But, you can use whatever cooked chicken (shredded) you have.  I have done rotisserie chicken that we shredded up.







What I don't like, is, too much cheese.  So, I just do a light layer of cheese.  But, had however much you like.  Then, roll the ends in, to make a yummy crust.
 Bake according to your pizza dough recipe.  We do ours at 500 degrees for about 10-12 min.

 Let cool, cut, and ENJOY.

Variations:

 Above:  I didn't roll the ends in and I added some roasted red & green peppers and onions.


Add on some fresh tomatoes to the top.  YUMMY!


No comments :

Post a Comment