Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Buttermilk Pancakes


For a long time now, I have been working to find the best buttermilk pancakes.  These here a winner - they are my Mom's and I favorite.

The recipe is from the Nine and Sixteen blog.  This blog is very inspirational and has some very delicious recipes.

The pictures of her pancakes are fabulous.  I tried to get some decent ones, but they just aren't comparable.


I couldn't decide which picture was best - there is not much difference in the pictures.  So I decided to post them all!  Why not???


This last time I made these pancakes, I decided to add in a little vanilla.  They were still excellent.  Now, I have found that these pancakes can be kind of tricky to cook.  Sometimes mine end up a little on the doughy side.  The Nine and Sixteen blog says she prefers them on the thicker side (without any extra milk) and that it ensures that the inside batter will be fully cooked when the outside is golden brown.

Buttermilk Pancakes
Adapted from here.

1 3/4 c. flour
2 T. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. kosher salt
1 egg
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
3 T. canola oil
3-4 T. milk
vanilla (about 1/2 t.), optional

Mix the dry ingredients together.
In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients together, except for the milk.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
The batter will be thick.  If you want you can add some milk to thin it down a little.
Cook over medium high heat until golden brown.



























Top with maple syrup, butter, fruit, and enjoy!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment