Saturday, January 25, 2014

Seven-Layer Bars

 I really like these bars.
They are nothing fancy, but they are yummy.

One memory I have with these bars is when my great aunt sent some home with us on Thanksgiving one year.  We were heading home at about supper time and wanted something to eat.  Of course, we had some leftover turkey sandwiches.  But, in the freezer, she had some of these bars.  So, she pulled some out for us to eat on our way home.
I just remember liking these bars.


The crust will be thin.
You can put the crumbs at the bottom of the pan and then pour the butter over them, but I think it is easier to just mix them together and then press it into the pan.


Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the bars.  It will spread some in the oven.  When I made mine, I think I poured a little too much in the middle and not enough on the edges.


Seven-Layer Bars

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter

1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup Angel Flake coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk

  1. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.  
  2. Press into a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 pan.
  3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, and walnuts.
  4. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top. 
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min.
Variation:  In step 3. substitute for old fashion oat (3/4 c.), peanut butter chips/peanuts (1/2 c.), chocolate chips (1/2 c.), and M & Ms (1/2 c.)



  Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment