Saturday, January 25, 2014

Securian Winter Run 2014

Today I ran (jogged) a 10k.
I was not at all prepared.
My time was 56:36.
I jogged very slowly.
It was cold.
My leg hurt.


The last time ran over 5 miles was July 15, 2013, when I ran 6 miles under 40 minutes.  And, then... I got injured.
This last month I have jogged up to 4 miles... but, only a couple times.

I love doing road races (I don't really race them, I just run them for fun).  Since I haven't been able to do one for a while, I really wanted to do one... in the winter.  My Mom asked if I wanted to do the Securian Winter Run (this was my third year doing it).  I did.  It was going to be pretty much the only weekend that there was a race and that I was open to do one.  My Mom also asked me if I wanted to do the 5k or the 10k.  I said I would prefer to do the 10k.  I would feel better about myself if I did that one.  So, I did.  And, I probably should have done the 5k.

The beginning and the end of the route went through the downtown area.  For some reason this area is a lot colder.  Everywhere outside was cold... I mean really cold.  But, the downtown area was even colder.  But, the middle part of the race wasn't too bad.  It was still cold, but not unmanageably cold.


In my mind I had 60 minutes.  Since I wasn't really prepared for this 10k I told myself that if I needed to walk some it would be ok.  I didn't walk ever.
Today, for some reason my leg really hurt.  The entire time I was running (jogging) it hurt.  But I lived.


And, I finished.

No comments :

Post a Comment