Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Vanilla Granola

GRANOLA IS SO YUMMY!!  This is my favorite granola recipe.  Granola is one of my go to foods.  I like to always have some made up... ready to eat.


I usually only make a half batch.  I am the only one that eats it in our house (not that it's not good, it's just not anybody elses' thing).  It does keep for a while though.


Granola is super easy to make.  While it is baking in the oven, your house will smell so good!  It is such a warm, comforting smell.



My favorite way to eat it is dry, with milk, or with Chobani yogurt (the only yogurt I like).  I really like to add in almonds and raisins.  But I don't like raisins with the yogurt (even though I haven't ever tried it).  So, I leave the raisins out and just add them in when I am going to eat the granola dry or with milk.

Vanilla Granola

5 cups Old Fashion Oatmeal, use Gluten-Free to make this gluten-free
1/2 cup melted butter, or coconut oil
1/2 maple syrup or honey
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon, optional (I never add cinnamon)
1/2 tsp. sea salt.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
Mix the ingredients together.
Spread granola on pan.

Bake for 10 min., remove and stir.
Bake for 10 min., remove and stir.
Bake for 8 min., remove.

Make sure you don't over-bake it.  The granola probably won't look done when the time is up (it will be soft), but it will become more granola-like as it cools.

Let cool completely.
Add mix-ins.

Mix-In Ideas:  Chopped nuts (almonds, pecans...)
                        Coconut
                        Dried Fruit (cranberries, raisins...)

My favorite way is with butter, maple syrup, and no cinnamon.  Then I like to mix in chopped almonds and raisins.



I wanted to put the granola is something cute this time (a glass jar).  I was looking around in our pantry for one that might work.  I found one, but I think it would have been a bit too small.  My Mom said that we had an old peanut butter jar.  I love the jar.  I works perfectly!

No comments :

Post a Comment