Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Ski Day



Today my mom took us 4 kids skiing.  We have been wanting to go all winter, but the weather just hasn't cooperated.  Finally we got a nice day.



 Skiing is pretty expensive, so my mom wanted to take us on a discount day.  Today happened to be a good day, with a discount - home school day.  Since my two youngest siblings are home schooled, we count as home schoolers.  My brother and I, who go to school, just missed a day of school.


We woke up with fresh new school - about 8 inches.  Our school actually had a two hour late start, but we still headed out early to go skiing - we had to get or money worth.  We did, though, get a later started than we wanted to because we had to wait for our dad to plow our drive-way.


The snow we got last night actually, for some reason to me, seemed to be the first real snow.  All winter we have had a ton of snow, but it just hasn't seemed real to me.  The snow we got last night came down straight (there was no wind to make it drift, which is rare).  It was so pretty.  All the other snow we have gotten this winter has just been... I don't know.  Maybe it is because it seems that we have had more cold, I mean deathly cold, temperatures than snow.

The hardest part about skiing... getting the boats on.
Today we had a high of about 20 degrees, sunny, and not windy - a great day for skiing!  But, it seemed really cold to me while I was skiing.  It seemed that everyone else at the ski place was hot and taking off layers.  But for some reason I was just cold, so I spent a little extra time in the chalet.


In the morning, while I was going up the lift, I could feel spring in the air.  The lift went through some trees.  There were birds chirping.  The sun was beating down.  It was so nice.



No comments :

Post a Comment