Sunday, August 17, 2014

I Never Thought I Would Have So Much Fun at Kernel Days.

 Each year, our town has a town celebration for a weekend in August.  This weekend has been our town's celebration, Kernel Days.  There are food booths, a parade, entertainment, games, a petting zoo, and all sorts of things to do.  Usually, I could care less about Kernel Days.  Until, this last Friday night.


This year, there were big blow up, jumping and climbing things for kids.  They had to buy a wrist band and then they could go on them for the day.  My cousins are down visiting us this weekend, so my mom got them and my siblings wrist bands for the jumping things (I don't know what to call them).  Well, when my cousin Jakob was down where all the action was, he saw BINGO.

Going after candy at the parade.

He sat down to play and then realized that you had to pay to buy a card.  My siblings/cousins heard that you could win 4 75, thinking you could win $475, only finding out that  is was $4.75.  Jakob didn't have any money with him.  So, he wanted to go back there once he got some money.

On Friday night, my mom, John, Sarah, and I went to play BINGO with Jakob.  Each card was 50 cents.  The amount of money you won, depended on how many people were playing.  I think you won half of what was, unless someone else won, then you had to split the winnings with that other person.

I love their faces in this picture!








 Jakob got us hooked on BINGO.  My mom and I had a 2-day BINGO addiction!  We kept playing and playing.  John, Jakob, and Sarah joined us some.  We won some and we lost more.


After playing a while on Friday night, we stopped.
Then, on Saturday.  We went to the parade, and then went to play more BINGO.

BINGO is like a sport!  You get this adrenaline.  If you are getting close to a BINGO, and you have been playing for a, your hearts beats faster.  Is some one going to call a BINGO?  BINGO also takes A LOT of focus.  No one can talk to you and you can't talk to any one while the game is on.  You have to be listening for the next call - you don't want to miss one.

In the Woods
Lumberjack




Sarah has seen that one of the food booths was making  pizzas in a stone oven.  She wanted to buy one with her own money.... or the money she won.  And, once I saw them, I wanted to get one too.
My mom, dad, and I got a couple to share.  They were delicious!  We thought the Lumberjack was better than the In the Woods.  Some one that used to live in our town, moved, and started a pizza business.  Now, he also goes around and sets up little booths, selling his pizza. 
We played BINGO and ate some pizza.


I would have never thought I would have had this much fun at Kernel Days.  Now, playing BINGO doesn't sound that exciting, but trust me, it is.  I wouldn't advice any one to play BINGO often... it is really gabbling.  But, for a being a first time thing, that wouldn't happen more than once a year, it is totally worth doing.

No comments :

Post a Comment