Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sarah's 11th Birthday Party {with friends}

 Today we celebrated Sarah's 11th birthday with friends.  Her birthday isn't until September, but I wanted to be able to help with it.  I really like getting ready for parties.  I am going off to college in one week, so we celebrated early.


I made some Madeleines, a French cookie, for a little morning treat.  (It was my first time making them.  I used this recipe.)





For lunch, I made Chicken Wellington with mashed potatoes and gravy.  This is one of Sarah's favorites.  Along with it we had corn-on-the-cob (it was really bad though) and fruit.  And, to drink, Pink Lemonade form Trader Joe's.


Sarah really wanted to have the big cupcakes from Costco, but they aren't making them right now, so we couldn't get any.  If she couldn't have cupcakes from Costco, she wanted box cake.  I wanted to make the cupcakes, so that I could make them all cute and surprise her with them.  She did not want homemade cake.  I don't really even like making things from mixing, but since it is her birthday, I did.  I thought the cupcakes turned out adorable... only to get smashed into there faces and made a mess of.  Oh, well.


My mom and I planned a craft for the girls to do.  They were to paint their letter, let it dry, and then glue on pieces of fabric with mod-podge.  Only the painting part got done though.  They did paint them really cute though.

They were busy having fun - playing outside, being silly, dressing up.

My mom got some candy and a little Eiffel Tower key chain while we were in Paris for their goodie bags.

No comments :

Post a Comment