Sunday, August 17, 2014

Off I Go

On Tuesday, I leave for college.  The first few days that I am at Iowa State, there is Destination Iowa for the freshman.  This is an event for the freshman to get familiar with campus and to meet new people.  Classes then start on August 25.
I am really excited to go to college.  The time has come so fast!  This summer has gone by so fast!  It has been fun, but I haven't been too busy.

Here are a few of highlights from my summer:

Summer started off with graduating from high school!


We tried, once, to sell things at the farmers market in our small town.  That was a once and only time.  It was the first day for the market this summer, so no one really knew to come (it also started earlier this year).  It was us and one other lady selling.   It was awkward.  It was set up in a parking lot at the end of main street.  Lots of people walked and drove by.  Then, there are lots of regulations for selling at the farmers market, but we didn't know that.  Pretty much nothing we were selling followed the rules.



I did lots and lots of baking and cooking this summer.  I made this banana cream pie from the Back in the Day Bakery cookbook.  It was DELICIOUS!  I think banana cream pie is one of my new favorite things (I never would have thought that).





Strawberry picking.

The biggest highlight from my summer was going to Paris.  It was wonderful.


I got to do a bread baking class while I was in Paris.





I actually was able to do several road races this summer.  I really like doing road races... they're so much fun!


I made a couple trips up to my grandparent's.



Sarah took care (almost to well) of her kittens.  (She wanted me to post this picture on my blog.)


Camp.  I got to do some new activities such as rock climbing and repelling.


This is our garden right now.  Our garden was not successful.




A family day of biking.




I have been getting ready for college.  It has been fun!  Right now I have been collecting my things in a little area in our living room.



I hope to keep blogging in college.

No comments :

Post a Comment