Monday, July 21, 2014

An Eventful Weekend


This weekend my mom took us four kids up to my grandparent's for a fun filled weekend.  On our way up on Friday, we met up with our cousins at Valley Fair.  We spent the day there going on rides and at the water park (I didn't swim though).  Some relatives, with our second cousins, from out of town, were in town so we meet up at my aunt's house for supper that night.


 On Saturday, my mom and I got up and did a 10K race.  It felt really good.  During June, I ran, but I really wasn't getting any better or getting in shape.  I decided that after Paris, I would start to work harder to get in shape.  So far so good.  
That afternoon, my mom, grandma, Thomas, and I stopped by a relative's house to take a look at some linens that she had.  We are pretty sure they have been embroidered by a relative.  We found some to bring home.  We also went to Ikea, so that I could get a few things for my dorm.  Yes, I am starting to get ready for college.  It is only about 4 weeks away until I go and it is going to come fast.  I am excited!


 That night we went to the Twins' game with Grandpa.  Our relatives from out of town and some friends of my mom's meet us at my grandparent's place before we headed out to my grandpa's suite at the field.  About 40 minutes before the game, my mom realized that she forgot the tickets for us and her friends.  Luckily, my grandpa was able to call the right person and they were able to get us tickets to get in.  And, we were still able to get one of the really delicious hamburgers down in Legends Club.
 

 My grandpa ordered the dessert cart for Saturday night's game.  Not what I was expecting.  I was expecting a little square cart with one serving of a few options.  No.  This cart had everything!



 Our second cousins fell in love with Thomas.




On Sunday morning, I did another race - the Hopkins Raspberry 5 mile Run.  I did it 3 years ago, and it was a really fun one.  I haven't been able to do it the last 2 years, so finally I have been able to do it again.

When I did it 3 years ago it was HOT outside - in the 90s and they were thinking about canceling it.  It was hot doing it this year, but not as hot as the last time I did it.  Usually I run my best in the hottest weather and I have no problem dealing with the heat.  Until yesterday.  I ran well, but once I finished I did not feel good.  My stomach hurt for the rest of the day.  I am pretty sure I got a bit dehydrated and/or over heated.


Please excuse my attire for the concert.  I was not feeling up to dressing better.
My mom and I ran some errands and then that afternoon my grandma took my mom and us six grand kids to Orchestra Hall to see Peter and the Wolf.  Our second cousin and her dad, who live in the area, joined us.  It was really a good performance. 

When we pulled up to our house, our dog Sofie didn't come greet us.  Our dad said that she went missing the day before.  For all we knew she could have ran off to die.  I really felt like that might have happened (she has been acting kind of scared lately, my mom and I were just talking how she could live for 10 more years, only one person was home so not everyone would realize she was gone).  It was kind of scary and sad.
Later that night, God answered some prayers to bring her back.  My dad and Sarah were outside and heard a bark.  It came from our old van that I totaled last winter and that has been sitting around since.  When my dad has time, he works on it.  The other day, my dad had the old van door open and Sofie, with her love for being in cars, climbed right in.  My dad didn't see her and shut the door.  I am sure it she was HOT in the car.  We were all so happy to see her!

No comments :

Post a Comment