Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Making Pumpkin Puree

I love pumpkin... muffins, bars, pie, for decorations.  This fall I have been really in for the mood for pumpkins anything... so I have been baking a lot with pumpkins.  We didn't get too many pumpkin pie pumpkins from our garden.  But, we bought a couple more.  I like using fresh pumpkin for baking, but I have been using a lot of the canned stuff this fall.  Making your own pumpkin puree really isn't that hard.




Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
You can bake the pumpkins at a higher or lower temp. if you want.
Cut the pumpkins in half.  Scoop out the seeds.  Go ahead and prepare the seeds to make pumpkin seeds.


Line a bar pan with parchment paper.
Pour a little water in the pan so that it covers the bottom.
Place the pumpkins upside down in the pan.
Bake until the pumpkins are tender.  You should be able to poke it with a fork.  It'll be about an hour.


When the pumpkins are down, scoop out the pumpkin inside.

Put the pumpkin in the food processor to puree.



Once the pumpkin is all pureed, bake with it, or put it in the freezer to use later.

I made some pumpkin seeds.  I soaked them in salt water over night.  The next day I mixed them with a little butter and salt and roasted them.  I thought they were pretty good.










I love pumpkin muffins.  Isn't the mini loaf cute?  I baked it for one of the bake sales to earn booster points.


I made 3 pumpkin pies.  Two I will bring to Thanksgiving and the other is going into the freezer for us to pull out sometime when we want a pumpkin pie.

  Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment