Sunday, November 17, 2013

What I Wore the Week of November 11, 2013 and a Peek from the Week



Monday.  It snowed!  We'll this was really the second time it has snowed this fall, but the first snow fall didn't stay.  This snow actually lasted a day or two.




Tuesday.


Wednesday.

 
 I am trying to earn booster points for a choir trip that I am going on. It is awesome!  There are so many bake sales that can bake for to earn points.  I have always wanted to be able to bake a bunch of goods, eat a little, and then give the rest away.  So, that is what I am doing.
There is a bake sale the weekend before Thanksgiving.  Who wouldn't want some homemade lefse then?  But, lefse is supposed to be refrigerated.  I did a little research to see if lefse will last on the counter.  I sounded as if it wouldn't.  But, I wanted to test it out.  So, I made a small batch of lefse.  I left part of the batch on the counter for a day, put some in the fridge, and some in the freezer.  And, the lefse on the counter did not mold.  So, it should be good to bring to the bake sale (I have to bring it to the location of the bake sale the day before).  With the lefse in the freezer, I am going to let it defrost, freeze it again, and then let it defrost and see if it is still good (I think it will be.  Store bought lefse is shipped frozen, then defrosts in the store fridge, and then customers may freeze it again... I learned that in my research).  If the lefse is good after been frozen twice, I am probably going bring it frozen, so that it can defrost while sitting out.  I will put a label on it that says to refrigerate or freeze asap.






















Thursday.  I have been wanting a flannel shirt.  I found one at Old Navy.  I love it!


For supper, we had a pork roast, with roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions from our garden, and lefse.  The lefse was supper good.  We tested the day old stuff, and it was just fine.  We spread some butter on it, sprinkle some sugar on, roll it up, and enjoy.


Friday.


Another way to earn booster points is to bring bars, for the intermission, of our school musical.  Again, I am loving this baking to earn points.


I've started on another rag quilt.


This weekend, was my Mom's biannual scrapbooking weekend get-away with her friends.  Fish, rice, and peas is a traditional meal we have one of the nights that my Mom is gone.  We serve it separately, but then most of us mix it together... fish, rice, and peas is a really good combination.


On Saturday, my friend Bethany and I went shopping, mainly to get things to fill a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child.  We had lots of fun doing it.  I did it for a girl, and Bethany ended up doing one for a boy.  At Target, in the dollar section, were some nice dinosaurs, and that is what made her decide to do a boy.





We each wrote a note to put in our box for the child.


I made two more pans of bars for the musical.  I made two pans of the same kind of bars, but different recipes.  I am trying to find all the best recipes.  So, I sampled each, and packed them up.


My Mom came home with some flowers.

No comments :

Post a Comment