Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Senior Pictures

So, it was about time that everyone was doing senior pictures.  Most people, I think, do them at the end of summer or at the beginning of the school year of their senior year.  Well, at that time... I had a cast on my ankle.  So, I just had to wait till that was off to take senior pictures.  It has taken me a while to post these pictures, but better late than never.

I had my friend Tikvah took my pictures.  She is getting into photography, and needs some things to take pictures of to get started.  She did an awesome job!  We did most of them out at my house, and then went into town to finish them up.  There are some old buildings in town that make nice backgrounds.

For the clothes... I didn't even know what I was going to wear until about an hour before I was going to have the pictures taken.  I decided to do three outfits.  I love what I ended up picking out of my closet.

Quick story:  I like to get my eye brows waxed every now and then... especially before I get my pictures taken.  I was up at my grandma and grandpa's the day before I was going to have my pictures taken.  So, my mom tried to find a place where I could get them done.  Where I usually get them done, LIV Aveda, it is only $15 to have a wax.  But, it wasn't going to work for me to go there.  Up by my grandparents', it costs a lot more, plus we couldn't find anywhere with an opening.  I ended up going to the Aveda Institute, because  they welcome walk-ins and it is a lot cheaper.  That is where LIV Aveda employees go to get trained (they are called students).  So, my mom and I walked in.  It is about 11:40 am.  I got scheduled for an appointment.  But, I had to wait a little while (maybe 20 min.) because the students had a lunch break.  A lot of the workers and students there were kind of creapy - crazy died hair, tattoos, and unnecessary piercings.  I hoped the student that was going to wax my eye brows wasn't like that.  Luckily, she wasn't.  When she called my name, she introduced herself, and shook my hand (I noticed that all the students had to do that).  We went upstairs.  Upstairs, it was like a big warehouse, filled with rows of work booths (chair, mirror, and little hair cutting desk).  It was packed.  The lady that was going to wax my eye brows, sat me at her booth.  Then I had to fill out a form, and she had to make sure she knew exactly what I wanted done.  Then, she had to get her teacher's approval.  That took a while, since there were so many students and not that many teachers.  Finally, she got approved to wax my eye brows, and so she did.  She did a good job.  But, before I left, she had to get her teacher's approval of what she did.  And, that took awhile.  Finally, I was free to go.  I was up there for about an hour (a normal waxing takes like 15 min.).  My mom was waiting for me downstairs, and was probably getting a little worried.

Here are some of my senior pictures!

























Tikvah also took some individual pictures of my brothers and sister, then all of us kids together, the girls, the boys, and some family pictures.

No comments :

Post a Comment