Friday, June 6, 2014

Graduation Party

Sunday, June 1, was my graduation from high school.  We had my graduation party shortly after the ceremony.


We rented a tent.  We don't really have any good space at our house for large groups of people.  When my mom ordered the tent, she thought we would be getting 4 sides for it.  Well, when my dad went to pick it up, he decided that we really only needed 1 side.  But, then they forgot to give us the one side.  It rained all day.  Luckily it wasn't very windy, so the rain didn't blow into the tent.  My dad did manage to create a bit of a side with some tarps.

But, the rain actually made our place really cozy.



We put watermelon taffy around on the tables.  The color theme was pink, green, blue, and red.





For beverages we served coffee, raspberry lemonade, and water.  The water was little water bottles in ice in the metal stand next to the table.










We made these fabric chandlers to decorate with.
 



My dessert was cookies.  I made butterscotch chocolate chip, monster, and chocolate crinkle.  We had brown paper envelopes so that people could have a cookie then and/or take one home.




My mom's friend Michelle came to help get ready for the party and brought my mom this chalk board.


We had the display table right away after the guest came inside.




This was a wall I did up, with my mom's help, of some pictures.  I hung baker's twine up with washi tape.  My mom had found little mini close pins and that is what we used to hang the pictures.


Our guests signed a sheet of scrapbook paper for my mom to put into my scrapbook.  On one page was the front of my invitation and on the other was the back of the invitation.

We served pork tacos.  There were soft tortilla shells, the pork, rice, black beans, and all your typically taco toppings.  We served it with tortilla chips and mixed fresh fruit.  We had WAY to much.  We probably used 1/3 to 1/2 of everything.  But, I guess it was better to have too much than to be running out.


My dad's brother from Florida and his wife came up.


Here are some pictures of everyone!










Thanks everyone for helping me celebrate!

No comments :

Post a Comment