Friday, June 6, 2014

A Busy Start to Summer...

It has been a very busy last couple weeks.  But, they were fun!


Sunday school ended the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.  After church that day, there was an all church picnic.



Track had ended for me the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend.  So, I was able to run the Memorial Day 10k.  I LOVE running road races.  They are so much fun!  It felt so good to get out and run this.



Wednesday, May 28, was the last day of school for us seniors.  Last day of high school... forever.


Last Friday, my mom and I ran some errands.  We needed to get groceries for my graduation party.


On our way back, we stopped at my friend Betsy's graduation party.  The Maddy, Betsy, and I have been friends since pre-school.  It was fun that Maddy and I were at Betsy's at the same time.  We have moved a part so we don't get to see each other too often.


We had been busy getting the house in order for the graduation party.  We repainted the deck, got some little projects done around the house, planted flowers, and kept very busy.





Sunday, June 4, was my school's high school graduation ceremony.  There were 47 students in my graduating class.  The ceremony was under an hour long - short and sweet.

My friend Liz and I
Sunday evening is when I had my graduation party.  (Pictures from that will be coming soon.)



Last weekend I got a babysitting job.  I have always wanted to babysit, and now I got the opportunity (I did have a babysitting job a few years ago for an older girl)!  So, last Monday I babysat.  Then, my friend Liz asked me if I wanted to go polka dancing with her that night.  So, I did.


Polka dancing was actually really fun.  I was just a bit tired.  It was so cute to see the older couples out dancing!



The next morning, Tuesday, my mom and I got up and headed down to Ames for orientation at Iowa State University.  It as a two day ordeal.  We stayed in the dorms.  I got to meet new people, learn more about the university, and sign up for my fall semester courses.  I am really excited to go there and to major in food science.

Now, there isn't too much on the schedule for a while.  Relaxing, enjoying my summer, finally getting our garden in, and doing some working (babysitting and at the drug in store in town).

No comments :

Post a Comment