Thursday, June 19, 2014

Taking Care of Burns

The other day I burned myself badly.  I was heating some bread up in the oven... I think I was using the broiler.  One pan of bread was done and I needed to put some more in (actually I burned a couple pieces and needed to put some new pieces in).  I quickly took the pieces of the pan and put them on a plate.  I put on some new pieces of bread and without thinking grabbed the HOT pan to put it back into the oven.  I quickly dropped the pan.  OUCH!


My grandma had just told my mom that if you put flour on the burn it will help it feel better.  So, my mom got me a bowl of flour.  I acted like I was washing my hands in flour.  I had to do it for a couple minutes.  It was right before we were going to eat super, so I stopped to eat.  My hand still burned, so I put it back in flour.  The flour really helped.


That night it still hurt some.  The next day, I had some blisters, but it didn't really hurt at all.  By the next day.  It was pretty much completely better.  I was surprised at how much the flour helped.

So, if you burn yourself, put some flour on it right away!

1 comment :