Thursday, June 12, 2014

Finally Got Our Garden In...

For a while there we were really busy getting ready for the graduation party that getting the garden planted was not a priority.  Now that things have slowed down we finally got everything planted.


We downsized our garden this year.  Basically we are just doing what we need to make our favorite homemade salsa.  Plus, my mom loves having pumpkins, squash, and lots of flowers.  Also, my sister decided that this year she wants to have her own little section in the garden.  She planted some green beans and radishes.  And, we all love sweet corn and my brother John loves popcorn, so he is attempting to grown popcorn corn.  All together this we are growing tomatoes, green peppers, hot peppers, onions, pumpkins, squash, sweet corn, popcorn corn, Sarah's green beans and radishes, flowers, and cucumbers (yeah, we are growing them too).  Then there are strawberries, rhurbarb, and the blueberry bushes and asparagus that we planted last year are in the garden too.


My mom decided this year that she doesn't really like gardening.  The only things she likes are the flowers, pumpkins, and salsa.  So, we downsized.  If any one wanted any thing else, they are to be in charge of taking care of it.  I really like gardening.  And, I would love to grow a lot of other things.  But, since I will be going of to college at the end of the summer and wouldn't be around to help, I decided not to say anything about downsizing.

No comments :

Post a Comment