Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dad's Birthday

Today is my Dad's birthday.  We didn't do as much celebrating as we would do for us kids, but this day was still made special for him.


For supper we had grilled steaks, twice baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, dinner rolls, and carrots for the people who don't like asparagus.


Since we didn't have too much for my Dad's birthday, I decided to put everything on nice platters, and make the table look nice.

Right after supper my Dad opened his presents.  Usually we do present opening a little later, but there weren't many presents and my sister wanted him to open them.  My sister, with her own money, bought him a music card and an almond joy candy bar.  He also got some roasting sticks for the campfire and a box of cereal... plus a card in the mail.

My Dad always requests a German Chocolate Cake.

There was a little arguing about who would light the candles.  My youngest brother first said he wanted to.  But my sister then said she wanted to light some too.  But, my brother said that since we were only doing 3 candles, that he was going to light them all.  Well, what ended up happening is that my brother lit them all, and then my sister blew one out and re-lit it.  
We ended up singing happy birthday twice to him because the first time only a couple people were singing.


No comments :

Post a Comment