Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - September 8, 2013

Our garden really needs to be picked out.  There is a lot of everything, and it is going to go bad, really soon.  The corn needs to be picked tomorrow.  We picked some last night, and cooked up today, and it was really bad corn... starchy and flavorless.  There is more corn that was planted later, so hopefully that will be good if we pick it tomorrow.



We are overflowing with tomatoes!  We have a ton of picked and unpicked ones.

Since, we have a lot of the vegetables ready for making salsa, I want to make some tomorrow.  It is a school night though, so I got as much ready tonight as I could.  I chopped some green and hot peppers.

This tomato plant got so heavy, it decided to fall over.

Since, we have so many tomatoes, I want to try canning just tomatoes.  It would be fun to have them for chili and spaghetti sauce.
 


I picked a lot of tomatoes and peppers today.
 

I picked some carrots today, and they were delicious!

The onions I picked today for the salsa I am going to try really hard to make time to make tomorrow.  I had to have my Mom chop the onions because I am a horrible onion chopper.

Some fun pumpkins coming along!









No comments :

Post a Comment