Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - September 3, 2013

With school starting today, I feel as if it is now going to be hard to get in the garden.  It is going to be even harder with cross country after school.  That is kind of disappointing.  It is also hard to get in the garden with a fractured ankle.  But, it still can be done.  I am going to just have to squeeze in and make time.  Actually, it is going to be difficult to do a lot of the things I enjoy doing around the house now... cooking, baking, gardening... and no running.


I did manage to quickly pick some green beans tonight.  I think I am going to have to just do one veggie a night... maybe.

These tomatoes, in the picture above, filled up the window sill were we usually put all our picked tomatoes.  But, this time there were too many tomatoes for just this one window sill...


... so I had to put some along the other window sill in our kitchen.  And, that still wasn't enough room.  So, we just have tomatoes sitting around... waiting to be made into salsa.  I can't wait to make more salsa (the salsa making post is still coming).

No comments :

Post a Comment