Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - September 15, 2013

Today, we didn't pick too much from the garden, but we did do a lot with the veggies that we have picked the last couple days.


I chopped up a TON of tomatoes.  With them we made a full batch of salsa.  With the rest of the chopped tomatoes we put them in them fridge to can.  We ran out of time to can them.
Usually when I chop the tomatoes, the juice from them runs all over, make a big mess, and just makes chopping tomatoes not so enjoyable.  But, I learned that if you put the cutting board in a bar pan, the juices can't run all over.  Then when you are done, or if you need to get rid of the juice because it is building up in the pan, you can just carry the pan over to the sink and dump it out... handy.


Only 8 jars of the salsa actually canned, so we put the ones that didn't in the fridge to try to can again when we can tomatoes soon.


 It is starting to feel more like fall in the air lately and I have been in the mood for fall foods, like pumpkin, apple, soups.  Yesterday morning I made some delicious pumpkin muffins and today I made this apple crisp.  It was delicious!  I mostly used apples for the grocery store, but I did need a couple more apple, so I crutched out to the apple tree to get some.


 I can't wait to make more fall foods!


I think we are definitely going to have a year's supply of salsa!  And, there are even MORE tomatoes.

No comments :

Post a Comment