Friday, September 13, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - September 13, 2013

Being in a hard cast and on crutches makes it really hard to pick veggies from the garden.  I love picking them, so it is kind of disappointing.  But, I go out with my Mom to pick the veggies.  So, I pretty much just watch her.


Today, we picked all the tomatoes that are in this red basket. The tomatoes on the bar pan next to it, are ones that we have picked the last couple of days.  We have a lot of tomatoes!  We also picked some carrots, a red pepper, onions, and cantaloupe.  We really need to get all our onions out of the ground, otherwise they are going to start to rot.  But, we are taking them out a few a day.  The onions are going to be stored in our nice cool basement.  We always grow some cantaloupe and watermelon.  They never usually turn out though.  But, it is just kind of fun.


I chopped up the red pepper right away. I think that since I really can't move well, and really love to cook, I am going to end up chopping a lot of vegetables.  That way they are ready for when we need them.

No comments :

Post a Comment