Monday, September 2, 2013

Sarah's 10th Birthday

Today, my little sister turned 10 years old.  I love birthdays!  It is so much fun making the person's day special.


She woke up to a door decorated with signs and candy!  My Mom usually decorates the birthday kid's bedroom door, but sometimes I like to help out.

The money scavenger hunt.

On our birthdays, for however old you are turning, that is how many $1 bills get hid.

Looking for the ten $1 bills.

She found all ten $1.  Sometimes you really can't find one.


We had to have her birthday meal at lunch time, since 3 of us would be at cross country practice... right at supper time.

She ordered Chicken Wellington with mashed potatoes and gravy.

These are the Chicken Wellington.  Along with these and the mashed potatoes, we had some pineapple and carrots from our garden.

One of Sarah's friends came over for a little while.

I made the birthday girl a cake.  She was telling me how to do it (cupcakes), but I wanted to surprise her with the cake, and my Mom thought it should be a "10".

She wanted a white cake with chocolate frosting.


My Mom got some sparkler candles... they were a bit harder to blow out.

The cake was DELICIOUS!! 

After cake, it was present time!

A Panera Bread gift card...


sunglasses....

a drawstring bag with horses on it...

a cozy sweatshirt and rain boats with more horses


Since practice was at 6:00, and most of us would be eating on the later side, we roasted hotdogs for supper over the fire (it would be getting dark out by the time we ate).


I hope Sarah had a great 10th birthday.  Happy Birthday Sarah!

No comments :

Post a Comment