Saturday, September 28, 2013

From our Garden - September 28, 3013


My Mom was able to pick another bouquet of flowers from our yard.


A couple days ago, I picked the rest of the carrots from our garden.

I made a carrot cake with carrots from our garden today.  I love carrot cake!


The cake was delicious and I ate a really lot!

YUM!


Our pumpkin patch.


This is a funny pumpkin... no, wait, it's a cucumber!

The apples on our trees are about ready to be picked!
 


 The pear.


On our pear trees this year, we only got to pears.  One of the pears mysteriously disappeared.  Then the second pear fell to the ground.  Luckily, my Mom and I were walking past the trees and spotted it.  It wasn't rotten or anything, so, we rescued the pear.  It needs to ripen a little, and then we will slice it up one night, so that everyone in the family can have some.


My Mom picked a ton more tomatoes.  So, today I made and canned more salsa and canned some tomatoes.  This time I added in some tomato paste with them, to thicken them up a little, and they look really nice now.


For supper tonight we had chili with tomatoes from our garden.  It turned out excellent!  Super delicious!  I would have never know that the tomatoes in the chili were from our garden... if I didn't know.

No comments :

Post a Comment