Monday, September 2, 2013

More Rag Quilts


Since I have been having an ankle problem, I took up making rag quilts.  I love making them.  You feel so successful when you finish one.  It is a quilt, but they are super easy to make.


Ever since I started making them, our dining room table has been taken over by sewing material.  With school starting tomorrow, Tuesday, I made a goal to finish them up before school starts, so that the table can be free.  I don't think I would have time to sew with school and cross country going on.  But, the day before school starts (today) is my sister's birthday, and she said that I should have them finished before then, so that we can eat her birthday supper at the dining room table (which we haven't done for a while because of my sewing).  So, I had a goal to finish them before her birthday.


I finished the rag quilts right away this morning and had the table cleared off right before lunch.  Since, we have cross country practice at 6:00, we had her birthday meal for lunch... at the dining room table.


I LOVE the way both these quilts turned out.  You can follow my instruction on how to make them here.  The ones I've made are not one bit perfect, but that's ok because they are rag quilts.  And, no one can tell if you made a mistake.  Even though I love making them, I am getting kind of tired of making them.  I am ready for a break of having them in the process of being made and our dining room table taken over by them.


Here are a bunch of pictures that I took of the last two rag quilts I made.  I hope you enjoy looking at them and decide to try this easy sewing project out.






No comments :

Post a Comment