Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - September 1, 2013

With my fractured ankle, it is a little harder to pick veggies.  I still go out to the garden, but I kind of need assistance.  So, I don't just go out there every time I feel like it.

Today, we picked a lot of tomatoes.  Most of them are on the under ripe side, but that way they will ripen, inside the house, and not get all cracked open.  I'm hearing salsa!!  We also picked a few peppers... hot ones.  I started to pick some green beans, but I decided that there weren't enough, and to just wait until tomorrow.  Green beans are one of the easier veggies to pick with a hurt ankle.  I just sit down between the rows, and scoot my way down.

I thought we would pick a lot of corn today, but the day just flew by.  But, my Mom did go out and pick just enough for this roasted corn salad I made for supper.


This roasted corn salad had corn (obviously), a red bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes in it.  The corn and tomatoes were from our garden, but we didn't have any red bell pepper in our garden.  I could of put an onion from our garden in it, but that would of meant me, or some one else, having to go out and pick one.  So, I just decided to use one that we had, in the kitchen, form the grocery store.


We had this roasted corn salad with this chicken enchilada pasta dish, and skillet corn bread.  The pasta dish tasted a lot better than it looks in this picture.

I thought it was a delicious meal!

No comments :

Post a Comment