Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Little Get Well Present

Well, I don't know if I would call this little, but it wasn't ginormous.  One of my friends, Bethany, just had hip surgery.  So, my friends Tenley and Tikvah, and I, made her some gifts to enjoys while she is recovering.

The big project we gave Bethany was a magazine that we made.  I was totally a silly, funny one.  It had fashion, well being, and home advice.  The advice was really crazy and the fashion statements were horrible ones.  But it was fun doing it.


I made her a rag quilt.  My Mom's cousin Chris gave us some fabric.  And, there was quite a bit of purple.  It would work perfectly for a quilt for Bethany.  My Mom and I purchased some new fabric, some with more designs, and bright colors.  I really wanted bright green and some zebra... but Jo-Ann Fabric didn't have any zebra.  We found the owls, leopard print, pink, and green.  And, I LOVE the way it turned out!


Tenley, who is an awesome knitter, knit Bethany this little gnome to keep her company.


Out of Tenley and Tikvah's beautiful garden, we picked her a lovely bouquet of flowers.  We put some lavender and cilantro (it has a pretty white flower), so smelling it was kind of fun.  We picked the flowers first, and then we realized that they were probably going to start wilting (it was really hot out).  So, we made room for them in our kitchen fridge, while we put her present together.


 We made Bethany some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.


We had fun wrapping the gifts...


...and taking pictures of them too.
 


I hope Bethany enjoys these and gets well soon.




No comments :

Post a Comment