Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - August 14, 2013

For some of the exercises I am going to be doing to strengthen my ankle, I need a resistance band.  We didn't really want to go out and buy one, but if we had to, we would.  But, while we were driving up to the cities yesterday, we got on the subject of needing a resistance band.  Hannah said that they had a bunch, so I could barrow one from them.  Great!  I said I would come over to pick one up today.  Also, while we were in the car we started talking about gardens.  Hannah said that they had a lot of zucchini.  My mom said that I would love one.

Today, I went over to pick up the resistance band from Hannah.  Along with the resistance band, Hannah gave me some fresh zucchini and cherry tomatoes!  Yeah!  Then, she asked me if I was going home right away.  I said not really (I was with my mom and we had to make a few quick stops in town).  Anyways, Hannah still asked me if we would like some flowers.  Of course!  I'm sure we would.  So, Hannah, right then, picked us some nice, fresh gladiolus.  How nice and thoughtful?  Hannah told me that these flowers are ones that her grandpa and uncle grew.  She has grown these in the past for 4-H projects too.


My mom found a nice spot for them in our entry way.

In our garden today, I got a variety of veggies.  There were some green beans and a couple tomatoes.  I thought the pea pods were done for the year, but there are new buds.  I found more peas pods! These pea pods are even better then the first.  The first ones were kind of curvy, but these are nice and straight.  Also, today, I picked some cucumbers.  There were a few good ones, but a lot had turned yellow.  I think they got overripe.


 Johny Boy enjoying a pea pod.

No comments :

Post a Comment