Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - August 29, 2013

 Today, after a busy day of first having to be at the foot doctor at 7:30 in the morning, right after that waiting for my brother while he had a dentist appointment, then coming home for a little while before going to get my hair cut, and then coming home and deciding to make salsa, I didn't have much time to do any garden work.  I did manage to pick some veggies though.  There wasn't too much, but I think tomorrow there will be a bit more.  I picked another batch of really nice sized green beans today, and a tomato.  Also, while making salsa I realized I needed some more onion, so I ran, I mean walked, out to get one.  It is kinda fun all of a sudden realizing you need something, like an onion, and then to be able to just walk outside to the garden to get one.


Later in the evening, a little while after I had been in the garden, my Mom says to me, "You have a string a hanging from you."  But, my Mom then realized what it really was... a plant.  We got a good laugh out of it.

Today I made SALSA.  With the veggies that I have picked so far, I made our first batch of salsa.  The house smelt so good while it was cooking.  It reminded me of fall.  I don't know why... it being in the mid-90s lately.  Maybe it is because we usually make salsa later in the year.  But, since we were getting a collection of quite ripe tomatoes, and we had all the vegetables needed for it, why not?  We probably won't can it right yet, not until we make more, so it is worth our time.  I will posting my salsa making soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment