Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - August 27, 2013

I decided today to kind of start cleaning out the garden.  I haven't done any garden work for a while, besides picking veggies.  I thought that I would do some, so that we don't have to do it all at once.  My spinach got WAY too overgrown, so I pulled that and put it in the compost.  Also, I am done with the peas, so I pulled them and composted them too.


Today I picked 2 ice cream buckets full of green beans.  But, a lot of them will be going to the chickens because they got way too big for us.  It will probably be too many for the chickens!

I clean and froze all the good green beans today.  It was quite a bit.  I wanted to just do it and get it done with.

I started to pick pea pods, but I decide to stop because I would just be giving them to the chickens... and the chickens will be getting enough green beans.  The pea pods seem to have gotten to rip.  I am guessing they are done for the summer (maybe), so I am not going to bother with them.

I picked the first of the carrots.  I can't wait to make a carrot cake with carrots from our garden!






No comments :

Post a Comment