Monday, August 12, 2013

Ankle Update


Well, today I went back to the podiatrist for a check-up on my ankle.  They took off the wrapping, and no swelling.  It gave me the shivers looking at my ankle and thinking about it... for some reason.  My ankle felt funny.  I don't know if it was from the soft cast wrapping or what.
The doctor told me to gradually get back to my feet.  He wanted me to go out of the doctor's office the same way I came in, with my boot and crutches.  That was fine with me because I totally forgot my other shoes.  He thought that physical therapy would be best.  And, that I shouldn't start running again until I passed a physical therapy test.  I don't know if I will actually do physical therapy ($$$), or just find some exercises to strengthen it myself.  My ankle definitely feels weak.
Of course, my coach, Vies, wanted to know what the doctor had to say right away.  Vies was hoping that I would be able to run TODAY!!!  I would love to, but I don't think my ankle would.  So, I told him that the doctor said to gradually get using my ankle, and not to run until it is stronger, and that I should probably do physical therapy.  Then, Vies asked if I asked the doctor if I could run today.  Well, DUH I can't run today if the doctor said I shouldn't run until I strengthen it (I didn't actually say that, but that's what I was thinking).  Vies also, asked me if I asked the doctor what I could do.  Shoot!  I didn't!  So, we called the doctor, and the doctor said, "NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED".  No, the doctor said that I could bike and swim.
So, I will probably be doing a bit of biking now.  Vies told me that as long as there is no pain, it won't hurt anything.  But, that's not necessarily the best idea to me.  That is also why we were glad that he was in Norway when I actually sprained my ankle, or else he probably would have kept me running on it.
I am glad that my ankle is on the way to recovery (hopefully).  I am really ready to get back to running and being able to get around like my normal self.
Side Note:  Our coach did a whole new strict summer running program.  Cross Country camp would be in a week.  He was planning on only a few people making it to camp... me, a couple boys, and maybe another girl.  Well, I didn't make it, but 6 boys did, and one other girl, Tenley.  Tenley doesn't really want to go and be the only girl.  So, Vies, was hoping that I would be able to get back running today, and make it camping, but not on the actual program.  But, that isn't going to happen.  First, the doctor said to not start running right away, and second, my mom doesn't want me running on it yet either, especially at cross country camp, where you run trails (uneven surface).



Fresh Picks of the Day - August 12, 2013

Today I only picked a few green beans and a tomato.  I thought there would  be more, but I guess not.  I think there will be a bunch of veggies coming.

No comments :

Post a Comment