Friday, August 16, 2013

My First Rag Quilts

I can officially say I have made 3 quilts this summer!  They are rag quilts.  Rag quilts are super easy and fun to make.  I am making a bunch more too!  You can follow my directions, here, on how to make them.

Of course, they are going to be great for cuddling up under in the living room, but they are also going to be great for if we need a blanket out by the fire pit.  I wanted to take some really cute pictures of them out by the fire pit, but I didn't get what I was thinking of.

Anyways, here are pictures of the first 3 rag quilts I have made.  The pictures ARE NOT great, but you will get the idea of what they look like.











My Mom's cousin made one, and she did only one side flannel and then the other side one, big piece of fleece.  So, you can be creative.  In some of my quilts I have used more coordinating fabrics, but some have been wild.

I am making more, so I will be posting pictures of them soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment