Monday, August 5, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - August 5, 2013

I still have my ankle all wrapped up from my sprain... I don't go back to the doctor for another week!  I can tell it is getting better, but I can't tell if the swelling is completely down, because of the wrapping all around it.  Even with my bad ankle, I have still gotten into the garden.  Not as much as I would like, but I am getting the veggies picked.  I haven't been getting into the garden until late in the evening though... and the bugs are HORRIBLE!

Today I picked pretty much only green beans and the first tomato!  I can't wait until we have a bunch of tomatoes, so we can make SALSA!




I pick the tomatoes on the under ripe side.  Then, I let them sit on the window sill in the kitchen to ripen completely.  Otherwise, when they ripen completely on the plant, they tend to split open.


This is some spinach and pea pods that I picked form our garden a while ago... I am just getting the picture on here.  But, I haven't posted any pictures of spinach, so I wanted to post one.  The spinach form our garden was excellent.  You can't wait to pick it when it gets really big, you have to pick it small, for "baby spinach".

No comments :

Post a Comment