Friday, August 9, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - August 9, 2013

I haven't been in the garden for the last couple days.  I would get busy doing something during the day, and then by later in the evening the bugs are HORRIBLE.  So, today I made myself get out there before supper.  There were a lot of good, fun veggies!



 Today, I picked cucumbers, the first green pepper, and a few more tomatoes.  Then my mom was flipping around a hot pepper plant and a pepper came off.  It is a little small, but useable.  The carrots are ones that I thinned out of the rows.  They are a little small, but why not have baby carrot?  I washed up the bigger of the thinned ones, and then the really little ones went to the chickens.  Also, today I picked green beans and some peas.


In the past the onions haven't ever gotten big... or even grown.  I wasn't even sure I really wanted to plant them this year, but my mom wanted to just for the salsa.  And, they have been doing great!  This year I planted them deeper, and that really helped them.  These are ones that I thinned out, so there will be bigger ones coming.

No comments :

Post a Comment