Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - August 28, 2013

Today in the garden, with my attempt to try to get the garden a bit cleaned out, I did some weeding.  They weren't the little "fun" weeds to pull, but they came out well.

This summer we planted 2 blueberry plants.  It has been REALLY HOT lately, and it hasn't rained for a while.  So, I decide to water the blueberry plants... they looked like they were thirsty.


 This morning, I sliced up a cucumber, wondering if they really were any good.  Even though they don't look that great on the outside, the ones a sliced up weren't that bad inside, and should be good to eat.


 Today, I picked a variety of veggies form the garden.  I picked some tomatoes, a cucumber, green peppers, and hot peppers.  The first batch or two of our corn looks done, so I tested one... and it looks great.  My Mom doesn't want me to pick any yet until we are ready to peal, cook, and eat/freeze it... so maybe tomorrow.


 I didn't think there would be enough green beans to pick any.  But, I found a few really nice sized ones.  So, I went through both rows and found a good amount of really nice sized green beans.


These sunflowers grew right in the middle of our strawberries... they reseeded themselves.

No comments :

Post a Comment