Monday, August 26, 2013

Fresh Picks of the Day - August 26, 2013

Since I haven't been able to get out in the garden for the last couple day, there was a lot to pick.  And, tomorrow there is going to be a lot to do in the garden.


The tomatoes I picked today look excellent!  They are nice, juicy, red ones that aren't split open.

Unlike the tomatoes, our cucumbers aren't doing so well.... in away.  It seems that one day they are little and immature, and then the next day they are huge and overripe.  I picked some that will hopefully be all right of cucumbers though.

My Dad did pick some onions.  We have a lot of onions this year.  But, we are kind of just picking them as we need to.  That way, they can just stay in the ground and get as big as possible.


It seemed that our green beans took a little break... but now the plants are overflowing with green beans.  These are picked from just one row!   Our better row of green beans I think decided to start producing more again.  I am sure I missed some picking them too.  But, a lot of these will probably end up going to the chickens (because too big for us), but hopefully there are a lot the right size for us.  Tomorrow I will have a lot of green beans to take care of... and be picking the second row.

Also, I picked a couple green peppers.

No comments :

Post a Comment