Saturday, August 17, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been working on finding the best oatmeal cookie- plain, with raisins, or with chocolate chips.  Seriously, I have been working on it!  It is not even funny how many times I have made oatmeal cookies lately!  Today, I was determined to find it, and to post the recipe.  From my "experimenting", I had narrowed it down to a few choices.  They were pretty much the same recipe, just with a couple variations- temperature, vanilla or no vanilla, and if they needed baking powder or not.


I made just oatmeal chocolate chip today.  Most of the time, I do some plain, and then with the rest of the dough, divide it in half and add raisins to one half and chocolate chips to the other half.  That way everyone is satisfied in our house... if they want a cookie.  Of course, any fresh, homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookie is going to be yummy.  It was a tough decision.  And, I ate WAY TOO MANY cookies, trying to make my decision.

My sister and her friend were my taste testers.  I narrowed it down to 2 cookies, and had them taste test them.  I caught them in the middle of one of their painting projects, so they were covering themselves up with too big shirts that are in our dress up box (they also had a bit of paint of themselves).  I told them not to say their answer out loud, because more than likely the other one would just say the same thing as the one who answered first.  I had them whisper their answer in my hear.  They both said the same thing... so hopefully it was an honest answer.  If not, oh well.

I tried taking some pictures of them while taste testing the cookies, but they didn't really turn out.



P.S.  These pictures are NOT great... I know!



Press the cookies down slightly with the bottom of a glass that has been pressed in sugar.




Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

1/2 cup + 3 T. butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups sifted flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips or raisins

Cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.  Add the eggs.  Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.  Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.  Stir in the oatmeal and chocolate chips or raisins.  Spoon into balls.  Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Flatten with bottom of glass that has been pressed in sugar.  Bake at 350 for 8-11 minuets.  Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment